Moving North from Southern California to Wyoming

Life on the Road

We have been on the road for nine years now and loving every minute of it. Check out some of our adventures at Pullinona5th.blogspot.com We are currently in Niland California and getting ready for our summer move north and a volunteer position at the National Elk Preserve near Jackson WY.
    Last edited by Pullinona5th; 03-25-2015 at 01:51 PM.

The Elk Preserve looks like a great place to spend the summer. We are currently in Victor, ID. We drove over to Jackson yesterday and stopped there. They said that about 2,000 of the 8,000 elk herd have have started their spring migration out of the area. We were in Jackson last July & it was very busy bit we still enjoyed it.
    Shawn & Arleen
    Retired Air Force weather forecasters, Full-timers since May 2011
    2011 Arctic Fox 29V, 2010 Dodge Ram 2500

Travel log: http://mud-on-the-tires.blogspot.com/

We don't stop playing because we grow older, we grow older because we stop playing.

Good to hear from you, I know a number of retired AF as I am one myself. Do like your blog, by any chance are you interested in mountain biking? I noticed you like the slopes and I'm guessing that you like the edgy stuff. If you look back in my blog you can see some of the rides I've been on. But unlike you guys I don't believe I'm a big snow fan. Warm rides are good rides!

Lee & Linda
    Full-timers since May 2006
    Retired Air Force (Weapons Guy!)
    2012 38ft Montana, 2010 Dodge 3500 Dually

Travel Blog: Pullinona5th.blogspot.com

Lee & Linda, We did not catch when we first looked at your blog that you were a fellow AF retiree. What we did notice was the outstanding photography and the fact that you are very active and you enjoy adventures like we do. Back before we retired and we were held down by a house, we had a garage full of bikes. Two of those were mountain bikes and we did enjoy single track especially when we were stationed in Alaska for a number of years. We can only carry two bikes now. When we retired we thought we would be doing quite a bit of bike touring. So Shawn has a Surly touring bike and Arleen has a cyclo cross bike. With those we can ride paved and gravel trails. Yes, we enjoy the winter sports - skiing, snow boarding, snow shoeing, and snow ball fights. As you can imagine, living as we do, winter RVing entails a lot of extra work as opposed to those who wisely head south. So we only do it every other year.

Nice to chat with you "neighbor". We look forward to meeting you someday if we are in the same area.
    Shawn & Arleen
    Retired Air Force weather forecasters, Full-timers since May 2011
    2011 Arctic Fox 29V, 2010 Dodge Ram 2500

Travel log: http://mud-on-the-tires.blogspot.com/

We don't stop playing because we grow older, we grow older because we stop playing.

Just put out a new Blog as we work our way north. Some bits about Oatman, AZ, Laughlin, NV, Las Vegas, and the ET Highway. Also looking for folks interested in Geocaching, mountain biking, volunteering, and walking sticks. Just thinking about future friends that we haven't met yet. Heading up to Ely, NV in the next couple days for a quick stop over as we make our way further north.